Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Checkride Complete and Back Home!

Hope you are all doing well. I've been noticing a lot of people coming to read about "UPT" and "pilot training". If you have any questions about how to get to UPT how it was, or any other related Air Force type questions, don't hesitate to write me or leave a comment below. If I don't know the answer off hand, I can get a hold of someone who will.

Thursday the 30th was my Initial Qualification checkride for the KC-135 and things didn't go perfect, but I passed (Q1) without any downgrades. Murphy seems to be in full effect with these checkrides but the evaluator obviously thought I made the right decisions and didn't say much of anything in the debrief. I think a lot of times they know after this checkride we won't be flying again for another 1 to 2 months while we get settled in our new locations so they tend to be pretty "big picture" on these checkrides.

Luckily enough, I was able to out-process the day prior due the long holiday and had the movers come Thursday morning to pack up whatever I didn't need for the next few weeks in California and what I didn't want to lug around to California and then to Japan. Saturday evening I was back in the Bay Area and by Sunday I was out paddle boarding with my college buddy at Bolinas in Marin County. Lately, I've been living a much more simple life since my arrival. Surfing, paddle boarding, catching up on California cuisine, seeing old friends, going to Giants games, making new friends, enjoying live music at the Lagunitas Brewery, just to name a few.

As far as I know, my flight has been booked for next Monday afternoon to Okianwa. I haven't heard back from the travel agent yet but that's what we arranged for. 

No comments: