Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Recommendation ride and upcoming Initial Qualification Checkride

Well, today I finally had my recommendation ride, which is the flight before my big checkride. After successful completion of this checkride, I will finally remove the "U" in front of my current title of "UP", or unqualified pilot and will be mission qualified. As of today, it is scheduled to take place Thursday night, right before the big four day weekend.

In other news, I've had my hands full making last preparations for  heading out to Okinawa. The movers are also coming Thursday morning to pack up the last of my belongings here in Altus. My OLD (faithful) Chevy was totaled last week in one of the longest hail storms ever recorded. It was at least 45 minutes in duration and the hail was about golf ball sized, it was pretty brutal. It ended up being a mixed blessing because, even though I didn't even realize it till I called the insurance company a week later, I did have comprehensive insurance and they are giving me some very good options for ways to get rid of the car before I leave for the island, were they don't allow cars to be imported to.

If all goes well, I should be in San Francisco for the 4th, with my family and friends. However, worse case scenario I'll be visiting my good buddy in Austin, Josh, who just returned from Iraq.

I can't wait to be done with Altus... I didn't actually think a town could be worse than Del Rio. I sure do miss floating down the creek on the weekends...

No comments: