Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Minneapolis Wedding

This past weekend I had the pleasure to be best man in one of my best friends weddings. The amazing thing is that I had only known him for about 6 months before he asked me to be his best man last summer, I was quite honored. The military has a strange way of making great freindships in a relatively small amount of time and I'm finding that those bonds stay throughout all the persistent changes (moves, deployments, ect.) in our careers.

In short, the wedding went great. The groom and all the groomsmen were in our mess dress. It was a beautiful Gothic-style Methodist church in the heart of the the downtown Twin Cities. I fulfilled my duties by making sure the groom was present for all the events and took the blame when we were a few minutes late for the rehearsal, the bride was very patient. The reception was a ton of fun and my speech went really well, there was plenty of laughter. I opened up with with this, "Hi, my name is David and I'm the best man, hold for applause." I think that softened up the crowd for some of my more corny jokes later on.

I also had the chance to go see my OLLLLLLD buddy from the days that I lived in Minnesota. He took his wife, and his two very young children down to the twin cities to pick me up and drive me back up to where we had lived back in the 90s and took me out to lunch. Then without even blinking he drove me back to the hotel downtown. You just can't beat Minnesota hospitality. I had a great time catching up with the family.

Here are a few of the photos from the trip:

John, his wife Amanda, and John's Father, and the two kidos

Oh the places we will go...

 These photos were taken by Josh Lawton so I wanted to make sure he got the credits, very good photographer


Joshua Lawton // Joshua & Co. Photography
www.joshuacophotography.com 2011 JOSHUA & CO PHOTOGRAPHY


Joshua Lawton // Joshua & Co. Photography
www.joshuacophotography.com 2011 JOSHUA & CO PHOTOGRAPHY


Joshua Lawton // Joshua & Co. Photography
www.joshuacophotography.com 2011 JOSHUA & CO PHOTOGRAPHY


Joshua Lawton // Joshua & Co. Photography
www.joshuacophotography.com 2011 JOSHUA & CO PHOTOGRAPHY

No comments: