Sunday, November 1, 2009

Weekly Update



The guy in our class who was in charge of ordering our patches sent out scans of the finished product. They should be here in a few days.

The skull patch is our daily patch that we will wear on our right shoulder. The 10-15 is our class, 10 is for fiscal year 2010, the year we graduate and 15 is for the fifteenth class of that year. The planes in his eyes are the T-1 and the T-38, the aircraft that most of the will be going on to after we are done with Phase II and T-6s. The wings in his mouth are the wings we are going to get at the end of training "minus the XL", that's just the slang name for Laughlin.

If anyone would like a patch sent to them email me at daves1986@gmail.com and give me your address and I'll send one your way.

As for the other patch... well... that's called our "Friday Patch" because usually it doesn't have to be approved by the Commander. In our class has this saying that goes, "You can only fit so many penguins on the iceberg before you have to start kicking others off"; basically saying that your brain can only take up so munch information before you start forgetting something else. So on Fridays our class 10-15 goes "Penguin Punting" at the O-club to make more room for next weeks material, as indicated by the adult beverage in his hand.

Halloween was pretty low key. One of the guys hosted a class costume party at his house on Friday night and there were a bunch of house parties on Saturday but I was pretty drained by then so I stayed in. I went out as Legolas from Lord of the Rings with the blond hair and all, I'll post up a photo when I get one from my friend.

I'm not scheduled to fly tomorrow at this point but that is always changing. I should be flying on Tuesday and might even have an instruments test which I spent most of today studying for.

No comments: