Sunday, November 29, 2009

Returning from a leave of absence


So it has been three weeks to the day since my last post and even though I still have a lot of studying to do today, I wanted to take a moment to update everyone just to try to get back into the groove of things.

Last week we had three flying days. Our scheduler had said the Friday before that if you had soloed already, you wouldn't be flying and if you haven't soloed, plan on flying everyday till you solo. I still had 4 flights till my scheduled solo at that point so that meant I was going to have to double-turn (fly twice in the same day) one day and then have one flight the other two days to have 4 flights in three days. Monday came and I was scheduled to fly but the weather cloud ceilings were too low for contact (visual) flying so none of us got to go up. Then Tuesday came and I double turned which made me super busy but it sure made the day go by fast. Then Wednesday came and I had my end-of-block ride followed by my pre-solo, then solo. Unfortunately, I was not on top of the game and "hook-ed" that ride (got an unsat) and didn't get to have the second ride. It's not a big deal as long as I correct the things I didn't do well tomorrow. If these go well tomorrow then I should solo (fly the T-6 without anyone in it except me).

After that I started getting ready for thanksgiving. I had teamed up with some of the guys from our class and we divided the food that was to be made. The turkey had to cook a little longer than expected but the food was amazing. We cooked a 19lbs turkey along with all the traditional fixings. After we sipped eggnog and bourbon in the backyard with our fire pit going. Overall a really nice time.

No comments: