Thursday, September 24, 2009

Getting Up To Speed...


Today I figured out how to post photos on the blog so hopefully this will lead to me taking more pictures and bringing my camera around again. I know for those of you that are new to my blog I started in a really random place. Understanding this, I've decided I will need to do some back tracking of the past few weeks and let you know about all the fun I've had experiencing hypoxia in the altitude chamber, doing the Fighter Aircrew Conditioning Test (FACT for short), practing PLFs (Parahcute Landing Falls), and all that other good stuff I've been doing over the past few weeks. So my goal for this weekend, besides studying, is to get you all caught up.

You are able to write comments at the bottom of each of the blog entries and can ask questions or leave thoughts and words of wisdom (for the elderly folks who wish to enlighten us). Also, for those of you that want to, you can subscribe to the blog on the left side which will send you a notification when I've updated my blog, and more importantly, let me know people are actually interested in reading ;-)

My sister, Katherine asked me what the focus of my blog was going to be last night. This blog is mostly going to be about my journey through Undergraduate Pilot Training (UPT) with the Air Force out in Laughlin AFB, Del Rio, TX.

Now that I've got the admin stuff out of the way; today was mostly uneventful (in a good way though!). Since we had no test failures in the class yesterday, no one had to show up for the test make-up early in the morning. Because the make-up was still a was a scheduled event, that pushed our first CAI (Computer Aided Instruction, the UPT name for dreaded CBT's in the rest of the Air Force) to 9:30!

As previously mentioned yesterday, we had our Systems I test. This covered the Flight Controls, Hydraulics, Flight Insruments, Communication Systems, Navigation Systems, Global Positioning System, and the T-6 Cockpit Familiarization(T-6 Texan is the name of the aircraft I'm going to be flying starting Oct 21). Today we started the other half of that course, Systems II. Specifically we studied T-6 Electronics and the fuel system in the morning and had a instructor led review in the afternoon with another Propulsion CAI in the afternoon.

Well I'm for a jog before I start studying. See you all tomorrow!

No comments: